last updated April 5, 2021
We care about your privacy. We believe that privacy is a fundamental right for all individuals. Our clients entrust us with their personal information. We respect our customers’ expectations and take our obligations very seriously regarding privacy and confidentiality.
Our business model is different from that of companies that collect your personal information and monetize such data. We understand the need to safeguard sensitive information that you have entrusted us with. We maintain standards and procedures designed to prevent misuse of this information and have no intention to sell your data to any third party.
At JabuMind we use your information only where it will help administer our business or provide you with the development and/or improvement of products and services; and to better understand the unique needs of our customers in order to provide useful products and quality services. We hope that we’ve made it abundantly clear that we value your privacy, your feedback, and, well, YOU.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any concerns or questions at email@example.com
The JabuMind Team
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information when you register for an account, participate in interactive features (like submit a feeling rating), fill out a form or a survey, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The information you may provide includes your name, email, password, previous meditation experience, street address, payment method information, feedback and survey responses, and other information about you included within your messages to us. Some users also provide health-related information in connection with providing feedback or other messages to us, and we process that information consistent with the purpose for which it was provided.
When you use our Services, we collect the following information about you:
- Usage Information: Whenever you use our Services, we collect usage information, such as the sessions you use, videos you view, music or meditation you listen to, what screens or features you access, and other similar types of usage information.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product description, price, subscription or free trial expiration date, and time and date of the transaction.
- Log Information: We collect standard log files when you use our Services, which include the type of web browser you use, app version, access times and dates, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our we
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers set by your device operating system, and mobile network information (like your connection type, carrier and region).
- Information we generate: We generate some information about you based on other information we have collected. For example, like most platforms, we use your IP address to derive the approximate location of your device. We also use your first name to make an educated guess about your gender and use information about your activity to help determine the likelihood of you continuing to use our Services in the future.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information about you from other sources, including transaction information from third-party app stores you use to install our app or purchase a subscription and name and contact information from third-party calendar services. Additionally, if you create or log into your account through a social media service account, we will have access to certain information from that account, such as your name and other account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures set by that social media service.
JabuMind does not collect or process credit or debit card (“Payment Card”) data. Apple and Google collect Payment Card data with respect to in-app purchases made through the Apps, and our payment processor collects Payment Card data with respect to purchases made through the Website. Such payment processors generally provide us with some limited data related to you, such as a unique, anonymous token that enables you to make additional purchases using the data they’ve stored, and your card’s type, expiration date, billing address, and the last four digits of your card number.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, and develop new products and services;
- Process transactions and fulfill orders;
- Send you transactional or relationship messages, such as receipts, account notifications, customer service responses, and other administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by JabuMind and others, request feedback, and send news, gifts or other information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of JabuMind and others. If you feel your transaction was declined in error, please contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Comply with the law, such as by processing transactional records for tax filings;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see on other platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing behavior; and
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards.
Sharing of Information
- With companies and contractors that perform services for us, including email service providers, payment processors, fraud prevention vendors, software developers, and other service providers;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of JabuMind or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among JabuMind and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
Corporate and other Community Sharing
JabuMind is also offered through partnerships with organizations. Sometimes schools, universities and other organizations and groups (“Partner(s)”) wish to make JabuMind available to their members, employees or others. For example, employers may offer their employees access to JabuMind. When an entity provides JabuMind access to others, we call those “Communities.” If you have registered to use the Services through a code, credential, or other means of registration furnished by a Partner (a “Community Subscription”), the Partner may have access to your name, email address, the date you registered to use the Services, and the date on which you last used the Services. The Partner may also have access to your Community’s aggregated and anonymized general usage data with your consent or at your direction. For instance, you may choose to share actions you take on our Services with third-party social media services via the integrated tools we provide via our Services; and we also share aggregated or other information not subject to obligations under the data protection laws of your jurisdiction with third parties. For example, we sometimes share aggregate information with research organizations to help facilitate their research.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
JabuMind is based in the United States and processes information in the United States, which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may update certain account information you provide to us (such as your password, name and email address) by logging into your account or contacting us through our Help Center at email@example.com. If you wish to disable your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we retain certain information when required or permitted by law. We also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
NEWSLETTERS OR OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
If you sign up to receive promotional materials from us via email and/or text messaging (push notifications) we will use the data you give us to provide the communications you have requested. If you inform us that you wish to cancel email promotional materials by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of such communication or by emailing us at email@example.com, we will remove you from our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications, you may turn them off at the device level. If you provide your phone number to us directly or through a third-party for the specific purpose of receiving an SMS message with a link to our Apps, you will receive such SMS message (the “SMS Service”). Standard text message rates will apply.
Information for Individuals in Switzerland, UK and the EEA
The sections below apply to you if you use our Services while in Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (collectively, “Europe”).
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (like processing payments and providing the products or services you have requested);
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, including to communicate with you about changes to our Services, to help secure and improve our Services (including to prevent fraud) and to analyze use of our Services;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations; and
- When we have your consent to do so.
We retain personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed, unless applicable law requires storage for a longer period of time.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limits and conditions provided under law, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or made available in a portable form.
- You also have the right to object to certain processing (like receiving direct marketing), or request that we restrict processing in certain circumstances (like to retain but not further process pending resolution of a claim).
- When we ask for your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority. Please see this directory for contact details. If you are in Switzerland, please visit thisFDPIC site for contact details.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights and can’t do so directly via the Services or your device, you may contact us as indicated below.
Information for California Residents
This section provides additional disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (or “CCPA”).
In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name, contact information and device identifiers), internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing behavior), approximate geolocation data, inferences (such as approximate location or product interests) and other personal information (such as payment method information, user credentials or health-related information). For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see the “Collection of Information” section above.
We collect this information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “Use of Information” section above. We share this information with the categories of third parties described in the “Sharing of Information” section above.
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information, to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We do not “sell” the personal information we collect (and will not sell it in the future without providing a right to opt out).
California consumers may make a rights request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information that matches information we have on file about you. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf, but we will require proof that the person is authorized to act on your behalf and may also still ask you to verify your identity with us directly.
Extension of Privacy and Data Protection Rights to All Users Worldwide
JabuMind extends the same privacy and data protection rights to all users worldwide that it extends to users under the California Consumer Privacy Act (or “CCPA”). For information regarding those rights, please see the disclosures above.
TRANSMISSION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
The subsidiaries, service providers or other third parties listed above to whom JabuMind may disclose your personal data may be domiciled abroad, and in particular outside the European Union, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
In such case, JabuMind will require them to take, in accordance with applicable legislation, contractual, organizational and technical measures designed to ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data, such as the use of Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission.
Notice of Financial Incentives
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide incentives to customers who participate in a survey or provide testimonials. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (like your name and email address) and information about your experiences using our Services. You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.